DO WE EVER WAKE UP?
I remember a time when my alarm went off but I didn't wake up. I had a dream where I was struggling to turn it off but the whole time I was laying in bed. It was like I left the dream world and I entered a zone between asleep and awake where I was aware of the alarm but still stuck in my sub conscience. The movie inception brought up the idea of dreams with in dreams. In the movie as expected the characters begin to loose sight of what is real and what is not. It is suggested many times in the film the what is shown to be the real world is not. All the characters except Cobb have no back story and they all do what Cobb wants like projections. The movie suggests that the whole thing is a dream. How do you know your whole life is not a dream? Most people cant even identify a real dream when they are having one. How do you know your not in the matrix and AIs rule the world. It sounds crazy but who are we to judge. When the philosopher Rene De Cart tried to find out what he knows with 100% certainty he came up with the statement I think therefore I am. But he couldn't know anything else existed including other people. You could be the only one who exists and people are projections and this world is a dream. In a dream the world is only as big as you are, and that could be the case now. Think of it this way. You are walking down a hall that you will never return to and you pass a door but never open it. Is there anything behind that door. The world could be like mine craft where the world generates in front of you and disintegrates behind you. If this world is a dream, can you awake from it to some sort of hyper conscience? That could be what happens when you die. If a dream is a reflection of the "real" world is this world a reflection of a higher world? It could be like a mirror tunnel that goes infinity in both directions so there is no point of origin for the information we perceive.
For more ideas to ponder keep reading the philosophy of everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment